We’ve updated Qfactor with some new features, functionality, and improvements. Some of these changes were made due to feedback from our customers. Please keep sending your ideas to us. This is your software.
Today, (July 5th, 2020) also happens to be BizWatt LLC’s 4th anniversary!
The Short Version of Updates
- Map of Projects – Status Placemark Legend and Filtering have been added as well as map view altitude adjustment.
- Contact List of Projects – Menu Item Account -> Contacts has a new Projects button next to each name in your contacts list. Clicking on this button will bring up a list of projects and roles for every project the contact is assigned to.
- Proposal Builder –> Project Pictures– Added a feature to let you drop Pictures and Images attached to a project into a proposal.
- Project Details – A new feature adds Section, Township, and Range to project details. This feature is enabled on a client by client basis. If you need them, let us know and we will enable the fields.
- Project Details – Added more fields to improved Billing Customer and Billing Contact information showing from Quickbooks.
- Column Visibility – Proposal, Projects, and Search All List Views– You can now pick and choose which columns you want visible in the list view by using the Column Visibility button. We added more fields / columns to the list view.
- Rearranged Project Add/Edit and Contacts Add/Edit – list view pages with additional columns to bring data fields into better view.
- Waste-To-Energy – we’ve added more detail to the project monthly P&L, made CAPEX equipment cost editable, added more waste types, and changed megawatts produced per day to per hour.
Map of Projects
Map of Projects shows you all proposals and projects in Qfactor, active and inactive with each placemark indicating a project and its status. Click on Show Legend to see which status each placemark represents. Statuses show on Legend and Filters in the order you placed them in Status setup – http://local.qfactor.com/project-statuses
Click Filters (X/Y) to expand, check or uncheck placemarks to show or hide them by status. Filters (X/Y) shows you how many statuses are showing over how many statuses you have. Click on Filters again to hide the status / placemark list.
Remember, you can click on any placemark on the map and a balloon will show up with some project details, click on the details and a new browser tab will open on the Project Details page.
Contact List of Projects
Once you’ve added team members and contacts to your project and assigned them roles, you can go to Account -> Contacts on the menu bar, or click this link – https://qfactor.bizwatt.com/contacts
Contacts is your Qfactor database of project contacts and it’s from this list you add people to Project Contacts tab. To help you see who is working on which projects and what their roles are, click on the Projects button next to their name and contact information.
After clicking on the Projects button, this screen will show a full list of projects, roles and project statuses. We’ve included archived projects and cancelled RFPs in this list.
Proposal Builder -> Project Pictures
You can add documents and pictures to any project and they can be added to proposals using Qfactor’s Proposal Builder application. It’s always been possible to add project specific documents to a proposal, like a parcel map or copy of a deed. You’ve also been able to add global documents to a proposal, like rate sheets and terms & conditions.
Now we’ve added the ability to do the same with project pictures.
First, upload pictures to a project in Qfactor.
Next, click on Proposals & Services tab and click + Add Proposal if you don’t already have one started.
Within a Proposal Section, click on the Add Image icon in the editing toolbar.
A dialog box will show up with project images on the left and global images on the right. Select the image you want to add to the proposal, it will show up in the proposal section scaled down to fit in the document.
You can resize the image by clicking on it and grabbing the arrow in the lower right hand corner and moving it inward or outward.
Now you’ve added a picture to your proposal. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Project Details – Section, Township, and Range
Section, Township, and Range have been added to project details and as sortable and searchable columns in list views. This feature is enabled on a client by client basis. If you need them, let us know and we will enable the fields.
Added more fields to improved Billing Customer and Billing Contact information showing from Quickbooks. Before we were just showing company name and billing contact.
Proposal, Projects, and Search All List Views – You can now pick and choose which columns you want visible in the list view by using the Column Visibility button. We added more fields / columns to the list view as well.
Navigate to one of the list views, click on Column Visibility button and a list of available columns shows up. Gray buttons represent visible columns, lite-gray represent hidden columns. Data in hidden columns are still part of Search, so the data is still available to search for.
Rearranged Project Add/Edit and Contacts Add/Edit
Project Add/Edit screen: Project details showed up in two columns causing the users to have to scroll to see all of them. We added a third column to bring more fields into view without scrolling and changed the order of how they show up.
Rearrange Contact Add/Edit
Same idea as projects but we only had one column and now have two.
project clients, we’ve added more detail to the project monthly P&L, made CAPEX equipment cost editable, added more waste types, and changed megawatts produced per day to per hour.